Hello, writers! As an author myself, I know how critical it is to receive fair feedback of your work. You’ve worked hard to write, edit, revise, and then publish your manuscript, and you deserve a review that reflects that hard work. I can’t guarantee a positive review every time — again, I believe wholeheartedly in fairness — but I can guarantee that my review will be supportive of your efforts in your literary pursuits.
So, for the brass tacks! If you’d like me to review your book, please pay attention to the following.
1) I don’t review books of poetry, simply because I don’t read or write poetry and I don’t feel qualified to comment on that genre.
2) I don’t review books with any erotica, extreme violence, or excessive foul language.
Note: I know people use profanity in real life, and many writers include it in their stories. I have read books with it, and even though I don’t enjoy it at all I do understand some writers feel it’s necessary. If I feel like the profanity is unnecessary or extraneous, I’ll make a note of that in my review.
3) I don’t review horror books. I have a deep respect for Stephen King. I thoroughly enjoyed his memoir On Writing. But I don’t enjoy reading within the genre of horror.
4) Yes, I do review books for children, MG, and YA audiences. Being a parent myself to two daughters who are avid readers, I’m always looking for new books for that age range. I would be happy to review your books for younger readers.
5) Yes, I do review memoirs, biographies, and nonfiction.
6) I accept hard copies and ebooks. For ebooks I prefer a MOBI/Kindle format or a PDF. For hard copies, please use the following address:
P.O. Box 329
Savoy, IL 61874
For ebooks, please email me at egarg0201 (at) gmail (dot) com.
Thank you for considering me as a book reviewer; I appreciate the trust you place in me in this role. If you have any questions or aren’t sure whether I will accept your book for review, don’t hesitate to contact me via this blog or at the email address above.